Friday, January 29, 2010

Spicy Apricot Chicken Tacos

So after you make my Whole Roasted Chicken you might have lots and lots of leftover chicken. One of my favorite mid-week meals is taking this chicken, shredding it and making tacos. This week I took the chicken and covered it with a tablespoon of apricot jam. Then microwave it for a few minutes. Once that is done, take a fork and shred the meat, mixing in the jam. I serve this in warm corn tortillas with spicy, spicy guacamole, fresh tomatoes and chopped onion. Brein always has chips on the side to scoop up the goodness that falls out! The sweet apricot jam chicken and the spicy, spicy guacamole made a killer combination!

3 comments:

  1. Ooo! I've never tried apricot sweetness mixed with spicy before. I must try this soon! I'm living in a hotel room for the next 3 months and this is a perfect recipe. I can buy the grocery store roasted chicken and easily reheat the chicken in the microwave. THANKS!

    CORI

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will work well! And btw your hotel room happens to have a GREAT view! How do you like it so far??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! such kind of easy to make home made recipe seems a very healthy and tasty thing.
    mexico cruise

    ReplyDelete