Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bacon Cheddar Burger with asparagus "fries"

The other night we were wine "tasting" for Forgotten Grapes at our friend Sheena & Ronaldo's house. They pulled out the best looking burger patties I have ever seen! Apparently at the Stater Bros meat counter you can get flavored sirloin patties! I had no idea. (and now that I am sharing this secret with everyone I know I find I am the only person who did not know about this)!!! Among the top flavors: jalapeno and bacon & cheddar. They were so good I made them again last night. We don't have a grill at our place so I pan fried them (five minutes on each side in a smoking hot cast iron skillet) and served all the fixings. I also found Onion cheddar rolls in the bakery section which I toasted in the oven and used as buns. My alternative to french fries was asparagus. I simply cut off the bottom two inches and threw them away, then took the tops, tossed them in a ziplock bag with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper then popped them into a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes on a cookie sheet. All in all this meal only took to thirty minutes from start to finish and was yummy, yummy, yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment