Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ford's Filling Station

Ford's Filling Station
Chef Ben Ford

We went last Monday and had a nice time. The dining room is dark so my pictures came out a little grainy. I would recommend this place if you're in LA. The best part was watching Ben Ford's son refilling water glasses. (I am horrible at guessing kids ages but I'm betting he's close to ten). I'll start with my favorites and go from there.href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CRoryann%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml">



My favorite dish was the Fried Fresh Chickpeas in a pod. They were very yummy. Brein chose to eat the pods whole and I pulled the pea out with my teeth like edamame. Fresh squeezed lemon juice and salt topped them. I could have eaten an entire pound!





Deviled Eggs- simply done but great flavor! I wanted a few more of these by the time we finished them!!!


Double Chocolate Sundae

ice creams, bruleed bananas,

chocolate sauce, whipped cream

and candied pecans OMG! OMG! OMG! So yummy! I'm a sucker for a throw back dessert and this one hit the spot! It was so yummy I forgot to take a picture until it was all gone!


Head Cheese – In House

terrine of swine head and trotters. Yep, Brein ordered this and I was surprised to find myself eating half of it. The flavor was wonderful.

Mac and Cheese with ham hock and fresno chili. I did not really dig this dish. The heat from the chili was too much at times and then when you got no chili it was bland.


Flourless Chocolate Cake

malted chocolate ice cream - ohhhh la la! The malted ice cream was wonderful!



Pub Burger

freshly ground angus beef

cheddar cheese and smoked bacon
This isn't anything I would order again. I was dissapointed in the seasoning of the meat and wished I had gone with the fish and chips almost immediately. BUT the onion rings were perfect! Light tempura batter, fried crisp. I would gladly order these babies al a carte!





Salt Cod Brandade with toasted garlic bread - the top was too fishy. it wasn't until I got to the bottom of the bowl that I enjoyed the flavors.



No comments:

Post a Comment